Arabic style chicken with sumac, onions and walnuts. Naan or Arabic taboon bread, for serving. Transfer the meat, onion slices and any juices to a baking sheet and roast until the juices run clear when the chicken pieces are pierced at their Arrange the chicken and red onion on top. Finish with a smattering of pine nuts, sumac and chopped parsley.
Finish with a smattering of pine nuts, sumac and chopped parsley. Chicken is soured with sumac and roasted with caramelised onions, creating a rich sauce that is sopped up with taboon bread. If you can't find Arrange the taboon or pita on an ovenproof serving dish and brush generously on both sides with oil and juices from the chicken and onions, then place. You can have Arabic style chicken with sumac, onions and walnuts using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arabic style chicken with sumac, onions and walnuts
- It’s 4 of whole chicken legs , skinless.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 4 of pita bread.
- You need 200 gm of yellow onions ,finely sliced.
- It’s 1& 1/2 cup of coriander leaves ,chopped.
- It’s 100 gm of walnuts.
- It’s 1 & 1/2 tbsp of sumac.
- You need as needed of butter for greasing the baking pan.
- Prepare of Ingredients for marinade:.
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic , grated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of sumac.
- You need 1/2 tsp of all spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- You need to taste of salt.
This Middle-Eastern recipe for chicken with onions and sumac was adapted from a classic cookbook from the region. Make the stock: Place chicken pieces and neck and back into water over high heat in a large, heavy pot. Add celery, the clove-studded onion, cinnamon stick, and loose peppercorns. Rinse chicken legs and pat dry.
Arabic style chicken with sumac, onions and walnuts step by step
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the marinade ingredients for one hour or overnight..
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter..
- Tear the pita breads into pieces and line the dish; keep balance pieces aside..
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place on the pita bread..
- To the remaining marinade add 1/4 cup olive oil,sliced onions,coriander leaves, sumac,walnuts and salt to taste. Toss together and layer it on the chicken legs..
- Cover with the remaining pita pieces and bake in a preheated oven @ 180 degree centigrade for 40 minutes..
- If the bread gets too much colour, cover the dish with aluminium foil..
- Remove and serve warm..
- Crush the crisp pita pieces and garnish on the chicken for added texture..
Mix allspice, cinnamon, curry, nutmeg and ginger in a bowl. Crush peppercorns and cumin in a mortar finely, combine Combine remaining juice with a little oil and place into a roasting pan. Peel onions and cut into fine strips. Combine raisins with half of almonds and add. Salmon fillets are topped with walnuts, parsley, sumac onion and hummus in this Middle Eastern inspired fish dish.