Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩.
You can have Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩 using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩
- You need of For the doughnuts.
- It’s 2 of eggs (substitute with avocado, banana, boiled sweet potato).
- You need 1/8 cup of Butter (crisco/sunflower margarine/vegetable oil).
- You need 4-6 teaspoons of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional).
- Prepare 1 squeeze of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of + 2 tbsp plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of For the toppings (use a good combination of any of these).
- You need of Mini chocolate chips (dark/white chocolate).
- You need of Mini marshmallows.
- You need of Mini pretzels.
- Prepare of Rainbow sprinkles.
- You need of Heart sprinkles.
- You need of Galaxy sprinkles.
- You need of Chocolate curls/shavings.
- Prepare of Extra chocolate (to drizzle).
- You need of Mixed chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachios, pecans).
- Prepare of caramel (to drizzle).
- It’s of freeze-dried/fresh berries (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry).
- Prepare of Graham cracker crumbs.
- Prepare of Oreo crumbs.
- You need of Mini Mars/Snickers/Galaxy/Twix (cut into pieces).
- Prepare of Whipped cream/cool whip (optional).
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩 step by step
- Cream the butter (crisco/sunflower margarine/vegetable oil) with the sugar and then, add 1 egg (avocado, banana or boiled sweet potato) at a time and continue to whisk till everything comes together..
- Squeeze a good amount Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in. The syrup can be substituted with melted chocolate bars. Just make sure your syrup or melted bar is 100% pure dark chocolate. Add the vanilla and whisk this for another minute..
- Add the flour slowly and gradually along with the baking powder. This step is entirely optional but if you want to, you can add mixed nuts and/or chocolate chips at this point to give the doughnut batter an extra crunch/flavor. Your batter should be silky and smooth like this..
- Pour into the greased pan/doughnut moulds and bake these for 3 minutes (if you're using the microwave). Adjust your temperature settings to your liking if you're either baking this in an electric oven or steaming it in a steamer. Cool them in room temperature the sooner they step out of the oven/steamer. Cut them with the doughnut cutter if you've baked it in a regular square pan. Drizzle extra chocolate syrup/melted chocolate on the top and it's done. Well… almost..
- Be creative and use any of the toppings mentioned on the recipe and give the doughnuts your own kind of makeover. Doughnuts with topping(s) stand out better than those that don't. Double or triple the recipe if you're sharing these with family or friends 🖤.