You can have Homemade Applesauce using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Applesauce
- You need 4 of apples, Fiji or Gala.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
Homemade Applesauce instructions
- Peel apples and cut them into chunks..
- Place in a medium saucepan along with the 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until apples are tender..
- Add in remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher. I like to leave some chunks in but if you prefer a smoother applesauce you can puree..