Saucisses Soubise /Sausage Cooked in onion sauce. Slice the sausage on a bias. Fry the sausage in a pan. When done set aside the sausage.
They should not brown. (In France they puree the onions for a more refined sauce.) Cook the sauce over low to medium heat until it thickens & comes just to a boil. Remove from heat & stir in the cooked onions & heavy cream. Soubise, a creamy onion sauce, is a great way to use up extra onions. [Photographs: Daniel Gritzer]. You can have Saucisses Soubise /Sausage Cooked in onion sauce using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Saucisses Soubise /Sausage Cooked in onion sauce
- You need 2 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of smoked sausage.
- You need 1 pinch of thyme.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground white pepper.
- It’s 3-1/2 tablespoons of butter.
The original recipe, going back to at least Escoffier, calls for cooking onions in butter until very soft but not at all browned, then adding bechamel to the pot and simmering them together before. Cook the onions in the skillet until lightly browned. Stir in the tomato paste and simmer over medium heat until slightly reduced. Place potatoes and sausages on plates.
Saucisses Soubise /Sausage Cooked in onion sauce step by step
- Slice the sausage on a bias. Fry the sausage in a pan..
- Slice the onions thinly..
- When done set aside the sausage..
- In the drippings of the sausage add the onion and fry with out letting them color for 10 minutes..
- Cover the onions and stir occasionally till they are tender..
- Now add the wine, thyme, salt and pepper..
- Cover and cook for 45 minutes simmering..
- After 45 minutes add the sausage back in the onion add also some butter, let cook till the onion become a creamy sauce..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Top with the sauce and sprinkle with a little chopped parsley. This onion sauce recipe, known as Sauce Soubise in France, is made using the same technique as a bechamel sauce. You could serve it on a simple grilled meat such as lamb or pork. Preparation To Béchamel sauce add Gruyère cheese, Parmesan cheese, and onion. Add salt and pepper to taste.