Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Made with ground almonds & frosted with decadent chocolate ganache, this flourless cake is rich, elegant How to make flourless chocolate cake. Begin by buttering a springform pan. Line the pan with a round of parchment paper, then butter the paper.
This easy Chocolate Frosting recipe is the BEST frosting for cakes, especially birthday cupcakes!! This Chocolate Frosting recipe is essentially a chocolate buttercream because it's made with lots of softened butter that is whipped together with powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and milk. This Chocolate Pound Cake gets its chocolate flavor from unsweetened cocoa powder. You can have Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting
- Prepare 6 of eggs at room temperature.
- It’s 3 sticks of salted butter at room temperature.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream at room temperature.
- Prepare 3 cups of cake flour, sifted twice.
- It’s 3 cups of sugar, sifted twice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of butter flavor.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 pint of heavy cream.
- You need 10 oz of semisweet chocolate.
- You need 1 tsp of almond flavor.
- You need 1 cup of chopped almonds.
When adding the cocoa powder to the cake batter, we first dissolve it in boiling water to bring out its full flavor. Now, there are two types of unsweetened cocoa powder: natural and Dutch-processed. It conjures up bakeries with fluorescent lighting and dry yellow cake with tooth-achingly sweet buttercream balloons piped on top. I have made this frosting for many years except used Crisco instead of butter.
Butter pound cake with chocolate almond frosting instructions
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy..
- Add eggs one at a time making sure to blend well after each egg..
- Add vanilla and butter favors..
- Mix baking soda with sifted flour..
- Add half of the flour to the butter and sugar and blend well..
- Add the sour cream and blend well..
- Add remaining flour and blend until light and fluffy..
- Grease and flour bunds cake pan. Pour batter into pan and bake in a oven preheated to 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours..
- Test for doneness by inserting a cake pick into the middle of cake..
- FROSTING: Heat heavy cream just to a boil..
- Break chocolate into pieces, add to cream and stir until melted..
- Add almond flavor..
- Let cool at room temperature. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes..
- Whisk until thickened to a spreadable consistency. Spread over entire cake and sprinkle with chopped almonds. Yummy !.
- Please note: all ingredients should be at room temperature, flour and sugar should be sifted twice for best density and height results..
Keyword: almond butter, cake, chocolate, vegan. Seriously, does this not look like the most luscious, moist and perfect chocolate cake ever??? Stick in the fridge until ready to frost the cake. Stir the coconut milk and maple syrup together in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Gluten-Free Almond Layer Cake made with egg whites and almond flour, filled with creamy, luscious layers of Vanilla and Chocolate Frosting.