Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies.
You can cook Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 of tap salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 3 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 tbsp of burbon.
Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies step by step
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until blended well together..
- To brown butter, place small pieces in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When butter begins to foam stir with wire whisk constantly. The color will begin to change and you'll see some brown flakes on the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until the butter has a nutty fragrance and is golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir until the foam subsides. The whole process takes like 10-12 minutes. Have patience!.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add all of the sugars, along with the cooled brown butter and using the paddle attachment mix until well blended. It wont be creamy like other cookie doughs. Add the egg and egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well combined. With the mixer on low, add the burbon until well mixed..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients and just mix until incorporated. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just done on the edges..
- Cool for about 5 minutes before transferring cookies to wire rack..