Moist and Fluffy Cocoa Sponge Cake.
You can cook Moist and Fluffy Cocoa Sponge Cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moist and Fluffy Cocoa Sponge Cake
- Prepare of Eggs.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- You need of Katakuriko or Cornstarch.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of Butter or margarine.
- Prepare of Milk.
- You need of Pure cocoa.
Moist and Fluffy Cocoa Sponge Cake step by step
- Put the butter and milk into a heatproof bowl and microwave until the butter melts. Combine and sift the cake flour, katakuriko, and cocoa powder. Sift 2-3 times..
- Put the eggs and sugar into a bowl and place the bowl over another bowl of hot water. Beat well until stiff peaks form. When warm to the touch, remove from the hot water bath and continue whipping..
- When you can pierce the batter with a toothpick and it doesn't collapse, it's ready. Make sure you beat well until there are stiff peaks..
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and fold in lightly, trying not to break the bubbles. Just until the flour disappears..
- Add the melted butter from step 1 to the batter from step 4 and lightly fold it in. Pour the batter into a cake pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in an oven preheated to 170ºC for 25-30 minutes. It's done when a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean..
- When it's done baking, invert the cake and let it cool. You can leave it in the pan..
- After it cools, remove the parchment paper and it's all done..
- Have fun decorating your cake..