You can cook Tortellini Chowder using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortellini Chowder
- Prepare of chopped onion.
- It’s of chopped red bell pepper.
- You need of chopped green chili pepper.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- Prepare of jalapeño pepper seeded and diced.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of vegetable broth.
- It’s of peeled and cubed potatoes.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of ground red pepper.
- It’s of cheese tortellini.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of 15-oz whole kernel corn.
- You need of half and half cream.
Tortellini Chowder instructions
- in a large pot over medium heat, cook onion, bell pepper, chili pepper, garlic and jalapeño in butter until tender but not brown, 5 mins..
- stir in broth, potatoes, cumin, salt, pepper, and red pepper. bring to a boil then reduce and simmer for 20 mins until potatoes are just tender..
- meanwhile bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. add pasta and cook 8-10 mins or until al dente. drain and set aside..
- in a small bowl stir together flour and vegetable oil. pour into soup, increase heat to medium and cook until thick and bubbly. stir in corn, half and half and pasta and heat through. serve..