Crunchy Onion Rings. Best onion rings recipe – these onion rings are so crispy, juicy and addictive. They will stay crispy not only after frying but for a long time. This recipe for onion rings is so easy and so amazingly crispy, you can now make up for all those Chef John's outstanding recipe still produces amazingly crispy, crunchy onion rings straight from the.
So go ahead and save the oil for the corn dogs (and the wonton poppers. Our side menu features golden fried, bread crumb-coated, thick cut onion rings. These onion rings are really really good in burgers (as evidenced here) or eaten as an appetizer These onion rings are double dipped in a batter that is seasoned to perfection. You can cook Crunchy Onion Rings using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crunchy Onion Rings
- It’s of Large yellow onion.
- You need 2 cups of regular flour.
- It’s 1 3/4 of milk to start (maybe more to make batter thinner).
- Prepare of Regular bread crumbs.
- You need of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need of Your preference in seasonings.
- Prepare of That is the result of half a large yellow onion in the picture!!.
Learn how to make Crunchy onion rings with kefir ranch dip & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Thanks to the air fryer, these onion rings stay crunchy outside and tender inside. We added ground chipolte to the beaten eggs and that added a nice spicy flavor. Crunchy and Flavorful These onion rings blow any restaurant's out of the water.
Crunchy Onion Rings step by step
- Cut onion into rings and separate..
- Place rings into flour..
- Heat oil to 350°.
- Get rings prep station together: Bowl with a mixture of regular and panko bread crumbs. Pan to put prepared onion rings on before cooking..
- After removing the onion rings from the flour, set aside on pan and add seasoning to flour and whisk, then add milk to flour and combine. If too thick, add milk until slightly thicker than pancake batter..
- Working in batches, dip onions into batter, shake off the excess, then drop into bread crumbs and shake the bowl until the onion ring is covered. Take out of the bowl and place onto the tray. Continue until you have breaded all of the onions..
- Still working in batches, put 4-6 rings (depending on size) into the fryer. Cook them for about 3 minutes or until they're golden brown. Work in smaller batches to keep from lowering the temperature of the oil..
- Remove from oil and place them on a paper towel covered plate or pan and immediately salt after removing them from the oil..
- Continue until you have used all of the onions and ENJOY!.
Crunchy Onion Rings ingredients, recipe directions, nutritional information and rating. Cut edges off onion, and remove outer layer. Remove the skin and separate the rings. Coat a small batch of onion rings in batter. Carefully lower into the hot oil and deep-fry until crisp and golden.