Grilled Italian Herb Shrimp Skewers.
You can have Grilled Italian Herb Shrimp Skewers using 19 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Italian Herb Shrimp Skewers
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, roughly chopped.
- You need 4 clove of large garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried).
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 lb of jumbo shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined.
- It’s of Linguine.
- It’s 2 cup of boiling salted water.
- It’s 1 lb of linguine.
- It’s 3 oz of mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parmesan-reggiano cheese.
- You need 1 can of 14.5 ounce diced fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
Grilled Italian Herb Shrimp Skewers step by step
- To make the marinade, combine all of the ingredients except the shrimp, linguini, and water in a food processor or blender; blend until the mixture forms a smooth paste..
- Combine the shrimp and the marinade in a medium bowl and stir until shrimp are evenly coated..
- Let shrimp marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes – 1 hour..
- Boil a large pit of salted water..
- Once boiling, add linguini to the salted water..
- Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, for 9 minutes for a slightly al dente finish..
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat..
- Meanwhile, thread the shrimp onto skewers (going through the neck and tail of each shrimp)..
- Lightly do a wad of paper towels in vegetable oil and , using tongs, carefully rub over the grill grates several times until glossy and coated..
- Grill the shrimp skewers 2 minute per side. Be sure not to overcook!.
- Drain linguini, tossing under a cold water stream to prevent the strands from sticking together for about 10 seconds..
- Strain the majority of the water and return the linguine to the pot..
- Add the cheeses, tomatoes, and oregano o the linguine; mix until the cheese has melted and stir to combine..
- Plate the linguine and top with the shrimp and extra marinade..
- Serve hot and enjoy!.