Almond shortbread lemon curd tart. With an easy press-in almond shortbread crust and luscious, tangy lemon curd, this French-style gluten-free lemon tart is an easier version of the classic. This is the same recipe as my gluten-free lemon bars, just in a different shape! Strain the lemon curd into the bowl, removing the zest and any clumps from the curd.
This Lemon Curd Tart pairs a crisp yet sweet pastry crust with a creamy smooth lemon curd filling. Lemon Curd is actually a preserve and while you can buy it, I encourage you to make your own as it is easy to make and the flavor is far superior. Lemons, both the zest and juice, are the main ingredients. You can cook Almond shortbread lemon curd tart using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond shortbread lemon curd tart
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of finely ground almonds (almond meal).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar (i used 1/4 cup xylitol and 1/4 cup Splenda).
- It’s 12 tbsp of butter (1 1/2 stick) softened and cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 6 of lemons.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar (again i used half half xylitol and splenda).
- It’s 8 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pints of blueberries.
The sweet, tart, lemon curd filling is refreshing and light, the ground almond in the crust gives it a wonderful nutty fragrance, and the presentation has wow-factor. When the pressure's on to make something special for a party, this Lemon Curd Tart is my secret weapon. If you like Bakewell tart you'll love this lemon version. A crisp shortcrust shell is filled with lemon curd and a rich egg and ground almond sponge.
Almond shortbread lemon curd tart instructions
- Cream 12tbsp of butter with 1/2 cup sugar. When lighter in color start adding flours and salt. It will come out kind of crumbly but when squish it in your hand should hold together..
- Preheat oven to 350 and press the shortbread mixture to a pie plate, bottom and about 1/2inch up the sides. Bake for 10-15 min, until edges just slightly colored..
- Now start with curd. With veggie peeler peel skin from lemons(try not to get too much white stuff). After peeling cut lemons in half and juice them.
- Throw lemon skins with 1cup sugar into food processor and pulse until skins are completely blended with sugar and no large pieces left, about 2-3 min.
- Now start adding 8tbsp softened butter and keep blending. When creamed add egg yolks, one at a time..
- When everything incorporated add lemon juice and salt blend few more seconds.
- Put the lemon curd mixture into saucepan and simmer stirring constantly for about10min. It will have a texture of looser pudding..
- Pour curd into baked shell and sprinkle with blueberries. Bring back to oven for 10more min..
- Cool on a counter and then put in the refrigerator for few hours, it will be easier to cut. Enjoy.
Serve warm straight from the tin or at room temperature with a nice cup of tea. These delicious Meyer lemon tarts with almond shortbread crust are packed full of fresh local ingredients sourced from some of California's best farms and dairies! I'm incredibly passionate about eating fresh local California-grown foods, not..pink blueberry lemon curd, these pastry tartlets are flavored and decorated with almonds. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring Carefully remove the tart rim. Slide a long, flat spatula between the pastry and the pan bottom and transfer the.