Nessa's Homemade Corn and Spinach Meatloaf. The Best Homemade Corn Nuts Recipes on Yummly Pulled Pork Salad With Grilled Vegetables, Cheese Fondue With Homemade Bread, Creamy Vegan Corn Casserole. Cheese And Spinach Stuffed Meatloaf Recipes.
Not this Meat and Spinach Loaf from “The Essential New York Times Cookbook” by Amanda Hesser. This surprisingly light meatloaf is absolutely delicious. Wilted spinach, meat, flavorings, and fresh breadcrumbs are tossed together, patted into a loaf pan, topped with bacon, and baked. You can make Nessa's Homemade Corn and Spinach Meatloaf by using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it:
Ingredients of Nessa's Homemade Corn and Spinach Meatloaf
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of spinach canned or raw.
- It’s 1 box of stuffing mix.
- It’s 1 cup of corn.
- You need 1 of green onion chopped.
- You need 1 of yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 packet of lipton onion soup mix.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bbq sauce.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- It’s of Onion powder.
- Prepare of Black garlic.
- You need of Optional: bacon, tater tots, or any other topping you like.
The procedure of making corn and spinach mixture is really easy and it is made in one step only. First boiled corn and chopped spinach is sauteed with all purpose flour. Then milk is added and simmered till the mixture gets thick. Bake in a pre-heated oven for.
Nessa's Homemade Corn and Spinach Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place raw ground beef in large mixing bowl. Add All other ingredients and combine until well blended..
- Roll mixture into a giant ball and transfer to baking sheet or pan. Shape into loaf..
- Top with a drizzle coat of ketchup and bbq sauce before baking..
- I occasionally line the top of this with tater tots in rows, on top of the sauce. I didnt have any tots this time though! My father always put bacon and tots on top of his!.
- This meatloaf is always yummy with mashed potatoes. It also goes Perfect with My Cornbread recipe above! *(and you can use the rest of the can of corn you opened to make the meatloaf!).
Spinach and corn is quite a popular combination and I love it as much in curries as I do in this sandwich. This sandwich has fresh spinach and sweet corn which are cooked in a cheesy sauce made by mixing flour and milk. Yes the sauce itself makes the filling quite cheesy. Homemade corned beef is remarkably easy to make, with great flavor payoff for minimal effort. This recipe calls for pink salt, a curing salt with nitrite added to it.