Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti. Whole-wheat flour, flaxseed, and almonds add fiber and antioxidants to these delicious biscotti. Matt made this and it is SO incredibly good with coffee. Chocolate Raspberry Whole-wheat BiscottiA Brown Table.
You can use white whole wheat flour and either stevia, agave, or sugar for sweetening. They came out as slightly sweet fluffy biscuits with just a hint of coconut and almond flavor. I did not roll out the dough but cut in the oil using my food processor then put the mix into a large bowl and quickly worked. You can have Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut shavings.
Paleo, grain-free biscotti made with coconut flour & almond flour! View Full Recipe at Elly says OPA! My whole biscotti obsession started with this family recipe for Italian Almond Biscotti. Simple and great tasting -it will quickly become one of your favorites.
Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and coconut shavings.
- Combine these two mixtures, forming a dough.
- Separate dough in two. Place these two sets of dough onto the parchment paper in two long 'log' shapes..
- Bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave 'logs' to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.
A very simple recipe to bake eggless almond biscottis using whole wheat flour and applesauce. While doing so I found this simple almond biscotti recipe using applesauce. I used whole wheat flour and coconut oil instead of canola and added cranberries and no applesauce. In a food processor combine whole-wheat flour, almond meal, coconut flour, both sugars, coconut, baking soda, powder, and salt. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.