Sweet Potato, Caramelised Onion & Feta Fritter. Continue cooking over medium heat, turning up the heat a little if the potato does not brown at all. Spread the remaining onions over the potatoes and drizzle another third of the cream over the onions. Use the remaining sweet potato slices to make two final layers.
Herbs mixed into the ricotta cheese take the place of a sauce and feta adds just the right accent. When the sweet potatoes are roasted and. Baked sweet potatoes are topped with slow cooked caramelized onions and red bell peppers. You can have Sweet Potato, Caramelised Onion & Feta Fritter using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato, Caramelised Onion & Feta Fritter
- It’s 500 gram of sweet potato peeled an cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of spinach chopped.
- You need 300 grm of onion finely sliced.
- It’s 200 grm of feta cheese cubed.
- You need 3 tbsp of parmesan cheese grated.
- You need 1& 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 & 1/2+1 & 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Ingridients to whisk together with a balloon whisk.
- It’s 8 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of mustard powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need to taste of salt.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt. Use large sweet potatoes for a delicious meatless main dish. When sweet potatoes are layered with caramelized onions and Parmesan cheese, then bathed in cream and baked to bubbly, golden perfection, the If a family fight broke out over the last bite of this dish, we wouldn't be at all surprised. When sweet potatoes are layered with caramelized onions.
Sweet Potato, Caramelised Onion & Feta Fritter step by step
- In a nonstick ovenproof skillet heat 1&1/2 tsp oil on a low flame..
- Add sliced onions and saute until soft and brown.
- Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.Remove and keep aside.
- In the same skillet add the diced sweet potato and 1/2 tsp salt..
- Saute until the potatoes are tender and slightly roasted.Remove and keep aside..
- To the whisked eggs add caramalized onions, sweet potatoes,feta cheese cubes spinach and parmesan cheese.Mix until well combined..
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil on low heat.When the skillet is hot, add the egg and sweet potato mixture..
- Cover and let cook on low flame until the sides are just set but the top of the egg mixture is still runny..
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree centigrade.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for25 -30 minutes until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove the skillet and place on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving..
Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared sheet pan. Roast the potatoes until they are tender and the undersides begin to develop brown Use tongs to transfer the caramelized onions to a dish. It may look fancy, but this vegetarian sweet potato, feta & caramelised onion tart is super easy to make and delicious to eat. Tarts seem like a lot of work. However, when making your own version of this sweet potato, feta and caramelised onion tart, there are a few tricks you can employ.