Tortellini Salad with Asparagus and Fresh Basil Vinaigrette.
You can cook Tortellini Salad with Asparagus and Fresh Basil Vinaigrette using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortellini Salad with Asparagus and Fresh Basil Vinaigrette
- You need of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s of chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of shallot , minced.
- Prepare of garlic , minced.
- Prepare of asparagus , tough ends trimmed and sliced thin on the bias.
- Prepare of (9-ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini (I used frozen with great results).
- It’s of pine nuts.
- You need of grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese , grated (1/2 cup).
Tortellini Salad with Asparagus and Fresh Basil Vinaigrette step by step
- Whisk the olive oil, basil, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a bowl large enough to hold the pasta salad..
- Cook the asparagus in 4 quarts boiling water seasoned with 1 tablespoon salt until tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a colander using a slotted spoon (do not discard the boiling water) and run under cold water until cool. Shake out any excess water and toss with the vinaigrette..
- OR for the asparagus you can cook them in a skillet with some seasoning and olive oil until bright green..
- Return the water to a boil, add the tortellini, and cook until tender, following the package instructions. Drain the tortellini thoroughly, then toss while hot with the asparagus and dressing. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes..
- Toast the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Just before serving, stir the toasted pine nuts, tomatoes, and Parmesan into the salad and season with salt and pepper..