Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane. This apple frangipane tart is a classic French almond tart with a flaky pie crust and beautiul apples on top! Serve as a fancy sliced treat this holiday! Frangipane is decidedly French and particularly traditional around the Christmas holiday.
It is a free form tart which My favorite pie crust to use for this tart is Pate Brisee, which is a French short crust pastry made from a mixture of flour, sugar, salt, unsalted butter. A frangipane filling really brings together the flavors of fall, and the apples create a beautiful design. To make the frangipane almond cream filling, whiz some blanched almonds in the food processor with sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. You can have Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane
- It’s of Pastry Dough.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 3/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Almond Frangipane.
- Prepare 8 oz of slivered almonds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need of Apple Topping.
- It’s 5 of sliced apples.
The richness of the frangipane negates any need for sugar in the apple topping. This apple tart is a totally worthy alternative to fancy pies at a holiday dinner. Apple Frangipane Tart is a classic and elegant treat fit for any dessert table. A crisp, sweet-crust is filled with rich almond frangipane filling, baked with sliced apples and finished with apricot preserves. #french #almond #best #recipe #easy.
Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane instructions
- Mix flour and salt..
- Add butter and cold water to the dough mixture until dough clumps are pea-sized. Place the dough in a refrigerator to chill..
- Prepare sliced apples. Add citrus to keep the apples from oxidizing..
- Turn the pastry dough until it forms a ball then roll it out onto a tart or pie pan. Return to chill in the refrigerator..
- Heat the oven to 375°F..
- Mix almonds, sugar, orange zest, leftover 1/4 stick of butter, and vanilla extract then blend with eggs..
- Pour the frangipane filling onto the pastry crust. Wedge the Apple slices into the filling..
- Placed over a metal tray, bake the pie for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until the pastry dough puffs and the apples turn golden brown. Allow the pie to cool for 30 minutes before serving..
- Before step 7, bake the crust for 15 minutes prior to adding fillings for a crisper crust..
This Apple Frangipane Tart recipe has lightly sauteed apples and creamy almond filling. I brushed the tart with melted butter, sprinkled on the sugar and almonds and baked it. The wonders of tart pans mean that the tarts come right out of the pan with no effort — and it looks like it came from a French. Apple Frangipane Tart: Sweet-crust filled with almond frangipane filling & baked with sliced apples. A classic & elegant to grace any dessert table.