Sausage and Peppers Pasta (one pot).
You can cook Sausage and Peppers Pasta (one pot) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Peppers Pasta (one pot)
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 3 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of linguine.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- You need 1/3 cup of sliced peperoncini peppers.
- You need 1 of zucchini (optional).
- You need 2 clove of garlic chopped.
- It’s 4 of italian sausages sliced in bite size pieces..
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 can of of beer.
Sausage and Peppers Pasta (one pot) step by step
- slice the sausages, garlic, onions and bell peppers in half moons. Saute in olive oil until soft and tender. Pour half a beer in the pan scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. When most of the beer is gone add the chicken stock and peperoncini..
- When sausage is cooked through take them out and set aside. This makes room for the pasta to cook. Now add the pasta, keep moving it around so it doesn't stick. Your cooking the pasta in the stock. The pasta will absorb the flavor while cooking. The starch in the pasta also thickens the stock creating a sauce..
- You can add a little water if you think its getting too dry. When the pasta is cooked there should be enough sauce that you can drizzle over when serving bit not so much that the pasta is swimming. Add the meatballs back in and serve..
- Zucchini (optional) I have a vegetable peeler with grooves in it. When you run it through the veg it creates long skinny spaghetti shaped zucchini. I add this in just before the pasta is done cooking. This bulks up the pasta a bit and tastes wonderful..
- We like to sprinkle parmesan cheese at the table..