Three Cheese and Spinach Tortellini.
You can cook Three Cheese and Spinach Tortellini using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Three Cheese and Spinach Tortellini
- Prepare of For the Filling:.
- Prepare of big sweet onion chopped.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of ricotta cheese.
- It’s of fresh spinach boiled or frozen chopped spinach.
- It’s of italian style cheese finely shredded.
- Prepare of parmesan grated cheese.
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of white pepper.
- Prepare of Other ingredients:.
- You need of empanada dough for turnover pastries (3 1/2 inch finger food empanada dough).
- It’s of filling "Three Cheese and Spinach" (see another filling option here in Rosanas Ideas).
Three Cheese and Spinach Tortellini instructions
- Preparation of the Filling:.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat, add the oil and sauté the onion until it is transparent, let cool In a bowl beat the eggs with pepper, add the onion, spinach, and ricotta, mix well Then add the Parmesan and Italian cheese and ham, mix well all the ingredients Refrigerate the filling for a day so that the flavors are integrated.
- To assemble, fill and boil:.
- 1 teaspoon measure to place filling Water (necessary amount) Pinch of salt (for boil).
- Place the dough on a clean surface With the measure place 1 teaspoon of the filling in the center of the dough Moisten with water the outside of it Fold the dough in half by enclosing the filling (into a half moon) Press with your fingers to paste.
- Moisten and join the ends of the half moon with the help of both hands in the center of it will be a kind of small "hat" (see photos) Repeat the procedure with the other tortellini.
- Boil water with a pinch of salt Introduce the tortellini and boil it for a total of 6 minutes..
- Drain and serve with the sauce of our choice.
- Sauces you can accompany it with: Authentic Homemade Italian Tomato Sauce Bechamel sauce Black Olives and Capers in a Cream Sauce (recipes here in Rosanas Ideas).
- Tip. In case you can't find the empanada dough, you can replace it for the same amount of Wonton wraps. The discs are 3 1/2 in diameter. Also you can prepare the dough for homemade pasta and cut them with an 3 1/2 in. pasta cutter (see recipe here Basic Dough for Homemade Pasta) To fill, paste and boil, follow the same procedure..