Spinach Tomato Tortellini.
You can cook Spinach Tomato Tortellini using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- It’s 1 of (16 oz) Package Cheese Tortellini.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped (fresh) Spinach.
- You need 1 of (14.5 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes with garlic and onion.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Dried Basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare of OPTIONAL:.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Italian Sausage.
Spinach Tomato Tortellini instructions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil..
- Add the tortellini and cook until tender, about 10 minutes..
- While you get the tortellini going; combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to boil. (I browned my Italian sausage in the saucepan first (drained fat) then added the rest of the ingredients listed above).
- In a medium bowl; whisk together the flour, milk and cream. Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the parmesan cheese..
- Heat through, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thick. About 2 minutes..
- Drain the tortellini (but do not rinse) then pour them into the saucepan with the sauce..
- Stir to cover and serve!.