Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng).
You can have Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng) using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng)
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- You need of Cooked vermicelli.
- You need of Boiled potatoes (finely chopped).
- It’s of Chopped carrot (I don’t).
- You need of Chopped celery.
- It’s of Chopped onion or shallots.
- You need of Chopped green onion.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare of Chicken powder.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Nutmeg.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Sliced of hard boiled egg.
- You need of For the Pastry:.
- Prepare 200 g of flour.
- You need 75 g of butter.
- It’s 50 ml of cold water.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Indonesian Fried Pastry (Pastel Goreng) instructions
- For the filling: Heat up the oil and fry the onion until fragrant..
- Add celery, keep sauted until the celery is done..
- Add the potatoes and vermicelli. Then season with, garlic, pepper, nutmeg, chicken powder, sugar, and salt..
- Mixed well and cooked through. Last one sprinkle with green onion. Mix well, taste it, and leave aside to cool.
- For the Pastry: I am using a stand mixer. Mixed the flour, sugar, salt, and butter until butter is no longer bigger than peas..
- Slowly add white egg. Then add water little by little. Until the Pastry smooth and ready to rolls..
- Take it out from the mixer bowl. Knead well and roll up in to a ball shape, cover with a cling wrap and let it rest for at least 1/2 hour..
- Roll the dough into 1/4cm thin and cut into a cylinder. You can rolling use rolling pin or pasta roller machine..
- To finishing: Take one pastry and place a spoonful of filling in the center. Add one sliced of hard boiled egg, fold it, seam and press the end to seal. Use a fork to tighter it or you can twist it. (Mine I use the pastry mold, and I brushed the edges with egg white to seal it).
- Heat the oil. Fry the pastry until golden brown on each side..
- Place fried pastry on a parchment paper to drain the oil..
- Served warm along with spicy peanut dipping sauce or with fresh Thai chili 🌶 Enjoy 😊.