Spinach Tomato Tortellini.
You can have Spinach Tomato Tortellini using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- Prepare of (16 oz) Package Cheese Tortellini.
- You need of Chopped (fresh) Spinach.
- It’s of (14.5 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes with garlic and onion.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Dried Basil.
- It’s of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of All-Purpose Flour.
- It’s of Milk.
- You need of Heavy Cream.
- You need of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s of OPTIONAL:.
- Prepare of Ground Italian Sausage.
Spinach Tomato Tortellini step by step
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil..
- Add the tortellini and cook until tender, about 10 minutes..
- While you get the tortellini going; combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to boil. (I browned my Italian sausage in the saucepan first (drained fat) then added the rest of the ingredients listed above).
- In a medium bowl; whisk together the flour, milk and cream. Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the parmesan cheese..
- Heat through, then reduce heat to low and simmer until thick. About 2 minutes..
- Drain the tortellini (but do not rinse) then pour them into the saucepan with the sauce..
- Stir to cover and serve!.