Mike's Oklahoma Open Faced Onion Sandwiches. Onions are a staple of the world over, one of the most versatile foods on the planet and extremely healthy for you. All content highlighting the wonderful onion is welcome including but not limited to: Images of delicious onions. Open-faced sandwiches are not to be approached lightly.
A delicious sandwich for those who love onions. Slice onion into med slices, spread mayonnaise or miracle whip onto both slices of bread add the salt and the pepper to the mayonnaise add onions and enjoy. These hearty sandwiches deliver all the delicious flavors a satisfying dinner demands! You can cook Mike's Oklahoma Open Faced Onion Sandwiches using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Oklahoma Open Faced Onion Sandwiches
- It’s of ● For The Meat.
- You need 2 80/20 (3/4 lb) of Ground Beef Prime Rib Or Grassfed Angus Patties.
- It’s of ● For The Patty Seasonings [to top patties].
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s to taste of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s to taste of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1/2 Packet of Liptons Onion Soup Mix.
- You need of ● For The Onions.
- You need 2 of LG Thick Sliced Spanish Onions.
- Prepare 1 (4 oz) of Can Drained Sliced Mushrooms.
- It’s to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/8 Cup of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare of ● For The Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Bucket Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes.
- You need of ● For The Gravy.
- You need 2 Packets of Pioneer Beef Grande Mix Or Mccormick.
- You need 1 Can of Beef Broth + 2 Cups Water.
- Prepare of ● For The Dry Toasted Breads.
- It’s 4 of Thick Slices SaraLee Bread Or Texas Toast.
Try Balsamic Steak & Onion, Spicy Catfish Po'Boy or Cobb Sandwich for a meal that's all about the tasty toppings. Balsamic Steak & Onion Open-Faced Sandwich. Slowly add the cheese, stirring to melt. The Best Open Face Sandwich Recipes on Yummly
Mike's Oklahoma Open Faced Onion Sandwiches step by step
- Here's what you'll need. Butter not pictured. Definitely use the packet gravy. It carries that same salt flavor as it does in Oklahoma..
- Add your butter, mushrooms, thick sliced Spanish onions, a dash of fresh ground black pepper and granulated garlic to pan..
- Season your formed patties top and bottom..
- This is the very best pre-fabed brand out there. Just microwave..
- Add your beef stock and water. Bring to a steady boil. Add your powdered gravy. Whisk constantly until gravy is thickened. Add less water if you want a thicker gravy..
- When your onions are almost translucent – add your patties..
- Fry onion until fully translucent..
- Finish frying your patties until medium rare..
- Set aside and toast your bread..
- Place 1 slice toasted bread down and add mashed potatoes. Add onion mixture and gravy. Add another layer of potatoes and onions with more gravy. Set second toasted slice to the side of sandwich. Enjoy!.
Tomato-feta Open-face Sandwich, Salisbury Steak Open-face Sandwich, Farmers Market Open Face Barbecue Smoked Tofu Open-Face Sandwich [Vegan]One Green Planet. bbq sauce, garlic powder, soy sauce, flaked almonds, smoked. So as I sat alone, and hungry on a Saturday morning, I decided to win that stare down and come up with a pretty darn good open-faced sardine and onion sandwich. Remove the sardines from the oven and arrange them on the toast. Place the remaining onion onto the sardines, and squeeze a bit. Add the chopped carrots, onions, sliced garlic, bay leaf and season with salt and pepper.