Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices.
You can have Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices
- You need 1 stick of butter (softened).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening (I use crisco).
- You need 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar (packed).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices step by step
- Beat butter and shortening.
- Add 1 1/8 cup flour, both sugars, egg, spices, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Add remaining flour (1 1/8 cup).
- Roll dough into a 7 x2 in roll.
- Rap your roll with tin foil or press and seal.
- Refrigerate for 5-24 hours (I only did 4).
- Slice the roll into thick cookie slices.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and….
- Notes: refrigerating is very important in this recipe! Do not skip it! When cutting your Swiss roll into cookie slices, use a sharp knife and a sawing motion. (Back and forth). If at first your mixture won’t hold together, add 1 tablespoon of milk!.
- Optional additions: add sliced almond slices. Top with jelly. Eat raw (don’t add egg). Add canned mandarin oranges. Add nuts of your choice..