Almond and plum cake. This plum almond cake is an Italian classic. While we've got nothing against homey, which is what author Domenica Marchetti dubs this dessert, we think this lovely little looker of a cake has a little haute going on, too. She prefers how this simple cake "celebrates September, when farmers' markets are.
Plums get all the credit for making the best looking rustic cakes ever, don't they? And tarts too, let's not forget the all-time favorite crumble plum tart. End of the summer stone fruit always makes me rush into the kitchen for those last recipes with peaches and plums. You can cook Almond and plum cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond and plum cake
- It’s 240 grams of almond meal.
- You need 1/2 head of orange juice squeezed from half an orange.
- Prepare 1 of orange zest from whole orange.
- Prepare 150 grams of softened butter.
- Prepare 150 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 75 grams of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 of plums – cut into thin wedged slices.
- It’s 1 of cooking oil spray.
Rustic Italian: Plum-Almond Cake – Torta Di Prugne E Mandorle ·. There's a hint of lemon, then there's the sweetness from the plums and then a subtle texture and sweetness of the cake's topping that incorporates a small amount of sugar and generous helping of slivered almonds. My neighbour Elisabeth always seems to be looking for prune plums at this time of year. They can be a little difficult to find around here because they generally come from Southern Ontario when they are in season.
Almond and plum cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Coat a 23cm round springform pan with cooking oli spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and 2/3 cup (150g) sugar on medium speed until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the almond meal. Add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the orange juice, orange zest, baking powder and. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour until just blended..
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan..
- Gently place the plum wedges on top of the batter. Sprinkle with some caster sugar..
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes..
Almond Plum Cake as a comfort food dessert. Whisk flour, almond meal, baking powder, and salt in a Scrape batter into prepared pan and arrange plums, cut side down, on top of batter, taking care not to push the plums into the batter (the batter will rise as it. This simple Almond Plum Cake tastes like a cross between cake and fruit cobbler. It is supremely moist and almost custard-like, thanks to the soft This Almond Plum Cake is made from three of my favorite things – fresh summer fruit, almond paste, and amaretto. It also has this going for it: I feel it is.