Tortellini in tomato sauce. Cheese tortellini tossed in a creamy tomato sauce with plenty of salty Parmesan cheese and wilted baby spinach. This simple tortellini with cream sauce is the perfect, quick weeknight meal. A simple weeknight meal that comes together so quickly!
To serve, arrange tortellini and tomato sauce on plates and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and basil. Make the tomato sauce: Pour tomatoes and their juices into a medium bowl and use your hands to crush them. Toss and swirl tortellini in sauce until they are all evenly covered. You can have Tortellini in tomato sauce using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortellini in tomato sauce
- Prepare of or so of tortellini.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Parmesan to serve.
- It’s of Garlic.
- Prepare of Small tin of chopped tomatoes.
Cheese tortellini are served in a creamy tomato and spinach sauce. An old boyfriend's mother used to cook this for me whenever I ate over. This tortellini recipe, with a tomato and basil cream sauce, is purported to be similar to a restaurant recipe. Sauté the garlic in olive oil; add the crushed tomato mixture and bring to a simmer.
Tortellini in tomato sauce instructions
- Fresh tortellini take only 2 mins to cook. So put on a pot of salted water to boil. Fry garlic gently in oil for 2-3 mins. Add tin of chopped tomatoes. Stir and cook for about 5 mins.
- Add tortellini to the water. Check instructions for cooking time but usually 2 mins. When ready, drain and add to sauce. Mix well.
- Serve with Parmesan :).
With frozen tortellini and a can of tomatoes on hand, you can have this quick pasta dinner ready in no time. Serve with a Caesar salad and breadsticks. What's not to love about bite-sized nuggets of pasta filled with cheese? This Sausage Tortellini Soup is a tomato-based soup loaded with vegetables, Italian sausage and cheese tortellini. This Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup is so delicious and so easy to make.