Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms.
You can cook Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms
- Prepare 5 cup of sliced assorted fresh mushrooms (such as shiitake, button, cremini, and oyster).
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 medium of carrot, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dried tomatoe pieces (not oil-packed).
- It’s 3/4 cup of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 3 tbsp of quick-cooking tapioca.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme, crushed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried basil, crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 of to 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- You need 12 small of chicken thighs and/or drumsticks (about 3 pounds total), skinned.
- Prepare 3 cup of hot cooked whole wheat and/or spinach fettuccine or linguine.
- Prepare 1 small of fresh basil leaves (optional).
Herbed Chicken and Mushrooms instructions
- In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine mushrooms, onion, carrot, and dried tomato pieces. Add chicken broth and wine. Sprinkle with tapioca, thyme, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces to cooker..
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 31/2 to 4 hours..
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving platter. Spoon some of the cooking liquid over the top. Serve with hot cooked pasta. If desired, garnish with fresh basil.