Mushroom, carmelized onion, spinach, and gruyere quiche. Caramelizing the Onions and Preparing the Quiche. I made this quiche because I had a TON of onions to use from my weekly bag and love gruyere. I was a little afraid it would be dull with just the caramelized onions and cheese for filling, but was astonished at how delicious and deep the flavor of.
Crustless quiche is a no brainer in our house. We regularly throw together leftover vegies, a little cheese, and eggs fresh from our chickens together, pop into the oven. You'll save calories but lose none of the flavor with this savory quiche. You can have Mushroom, carmelized onion, spinach, and gruyere quiche using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom, carmelized onion, spinach, and gruyere quiche
- It’s 1 of puff pastry.
- It’s 1/2 of onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 pkg of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 2-3 handfuls of spinach.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of half and half.
- It’s 3/4 cup of gruyere.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
Top with the mushroom-onion mixture and pour the egg mixture on top. Caramelized Onion Quiche is the perfect addition to your next brunch or luncheon. Gruyere cheese and bacon combine with caramelized onions for a quiche that can't be beat. Flat-leaf parsley, chives, and mint add a fresh, pretty finish to this tasty dish.
Mushroom, carmelized onion, spinach, and gruyere quiche step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Thaw out puff pastry and put into a deep dish pie pan. I cut off the long corners and filled in any gaps. Blind bake for 10 mins..
- Saute onions once they start carmelizing add mushrooms. Once mushrooms are browned add spinach until wilted. Salt and pepper to taste. Let mixture cool.
- Mix together eggs, half and half salt and pepper to taste..
- Pour mushroom mixture into the bottom of the puff pastry. Make sure to spread it out evenly so every bite has a little bit ove everything in it..
- Sprinkle shredded gruyere..
- Pour egg mixture in pie shell and bake for 45 mins or until set..
Spinach, mushrooms, feta, and Swiss cheeses fill this moist veggie quiche with flavor. Gently combine spinach, mushrooms, onion, and feta cheese in a separate bowl. Spread spinach-mushroom mixture in the prepared pie dish; top with half. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Veal, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Cannelloni.