Almond Cherry Biscotti.
You can cook Almond Cherry Biscotti using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond Cherry Biscotti
- It’s 8 tbsp of good unsalted butter (less moisture) room temperature.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of almond flour.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of dried cherries.
- It’s 1/3 cup of whole almonds, slightly ground with mortar & pestle.
- You need 1 of optional: some room temperature water.
Almond Cherry Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper..
- Beat the butter with the sugars until smooth..
- Add the salt & baking powder as you mix.
- Add the vanilla & almond extracts..
- Beat in the eggs until smooth and gradually add the ap & almond flour till completely incorporated. The dough will be very sticky..
- With a rubber spatula mix in the almonds & cherries..
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet & divide it into 2 evenly. Form it to about 2"x10"x3/4" logs. Use a brush slightly dampened to smooth it along the top & sides. Square it off as best you can..
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- I use the water at this point when I remove it from the oven to soften the crust to ease the slicing. If you choose to do this just brush it down lightly with water & wait 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 315°.
- Cut to about 3/4" slices & set them onto baking sheet on a cut edge. Return them to the oven..
- Bake for another 25 minutes or until they turn a golden color. Pull them out and let cool on a rack..
- Make yourself a coffee / cappuccino & image sitting in a cafe in Venice dipping these little goodies. ;).