Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses. It is authentically known as Sawda Djej and is a dish of chicken livers, garlic and pomegranate molasses. Being a creature of habit, I often revisit restaurants I love time and time again, and I daren't tell you how many times I have been to Yalla Yalla. I even swung by a few weeks ago to pick up a.
Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses (Sawda Djej) — Louche Gastronomique. The Best Pomegranate Molasses Chicken Recipes on Yummly Moroccan Spiced Pork Kebabs With Pomegranate Glaze & Herby Yogurt, Spiral Ham Steaks, Shelling Beans And Charred Herb Vinaigrette, Pulled Pork A La Maggie. You can have Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses
- You need 400 gm of chicken livers.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 5 of garlic cloves diagonally sliced.
- It’s 180 gm of onion,finely sliced.
- You need 5 of green chillies ,diagonally sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar powder.
- It’s 4 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare as needed of cilantro and pomegranate seeds for garnishing.
Buffalo Chicken Wings with Non-Dairy Ranch Recipe. Black-Eyed Peas with Turmeric and Pomegranate. Sign up for our Nosher recipe newsletter! Toss salad and chicken livers with enough dressing to coat well.
Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses step by step
- Wash the chicken livers.Using a knife remove and discard the white snew..
- Cut the larger liver pieces into half..
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet..
- Add the chicken livers and saute on high heat for 2-3 minutes until it changes colour. Remove and keep aside..
- In the same skillet add onions and saute until slightly soft..
- Add sliced garlic and green chillies; continue to saute until the onions are completely soft..
- Add coriander powder, cinnamon powder,nutmeg powder salt and blck pepper powder. Saute for a minute on low heat..
- Add the chicken livers along with pomegranate molasses and sugar. Cover the skillet and continue cooking on low heat for 5 minutes..
- Turn heat off. Add lemon juice and stir through. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly. If sour add a little sugar to balance the sourness..
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and pomegranate seeds..
- Serve immediately with Arabic flatbread(pita bread)..
For more recipes and articles, pick up a copy of this month's Feast magazine or check out our great. Molasses Crinkles, Chicken Liver with Pomegranate Molasses, Kısır/Spicy Bulgur Salad with Tomatoes and Pomegranate Molasses. Put the chicken in a roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and scatter the sesame seeds over. Pomegranate molasses, a staple ingredient in the Eastern Mediterranean, gives this one-pot dish a delectable tang. Pomegranate molasses has become one of my favorite ingredients, but it's a tricky one for many people.