Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats. There's no need to miss out on a bowl of healthy hot "oatmeal" or porridge, when you can make this delicious recipe in just minutes. This No Oats Oatmeal is the perfect healthy breakfast. It's low-carb, grain-free, paleo and has a vegan option too!
A warming, hearty low-carb porridge made with chia seeds instead of oats, and I make variations of this keto porridge at least once a week, sometimes with turmeric or vanilla instead of cinnamon. You can use any healthy low-carb sweetener but I prefer the subtle sweetness of roasted almond butter. Porridge made with oats is sometimes called oatmeal. You can cook Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats
- It’s 1 of Banana.
- Prepare 1 of Apple.
- You need of raisins.
- You need 150 ml of milk (I prefer soy milk! – tastes great for this).
- Prepare 1 pinch of sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of linseed.
- It’s 4 of almonds.
Porridge is an excellent start to the day because oats are a The nutritional profile will change again depending on what you add to the recipe such as salt, sugars, fruits or peanut butter. What is a healthy portion size? Oats are one of the world's healthiest and most nutritious foods. Eating oats and oatmeal has many Oats are commonly eaten for breakfast as oatmeal, which is made by boiling oats in water or milk.
Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats instructions
- Chop fruit into small chunks. Can use various fruits and combinations, but banana and apples form the base. Can add strawberries, pears, nectarines, kiwis etc..
- Pour milk into a breakfast bowl and add the almonds..
- Microwave the milk and almonds until milk is steaming hot..
- Carefully add all the chopped fruit to the bowl..
- Add a handful of raisins..
- Sprinkle seeds if available – chia, linseed, sunflower, pumpkin, dried cranberries/apricots etc..
Oatmeal is often referred to as porridge. They're also often included in muffins, granola bars. Can anyone advise where porridge comes in on a low carb diet? I believe it is slow release but cannot find Should I eat oats for breakfast, I use the original scotch porridge oats, which have a lower gi value. What is the carbohydrate that I've been eating?