Sardine Fra Diavolo.
You can cook Sardine Fra Diavolo using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sardine Fra Diavolo
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare of small onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white wine (I used a pinot grigiot – went great with finished meal).
- Prepare 28 oz. of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red pepper, dried (note – if you like it spicier, you may want to taste and adjust).
- You need 1 teaspoon of basil, dried.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, dried.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of parsley, dried.
- Prepare 3 tins of Season Brand Sardines, drained (4.375 oz cans – I used boneless in Extra Virgin Olive Oil – use your favorite).
- Prepare to taste of salt & black pepper.
- Prepare 1 pound of linguine or spaghetti.
Sardine Fra Diavolo instructions
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven or large skillet..
- Saute onions until translucent, about 10 minutes..
- Add minced garlic, saute for a minute or two..
- Add white wine, scrape pan to deglaze..
- Add crushed tomatoes, red pepper, basil, salt, oregano & parsley..
- Simmer, covered, for 15- 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Taste, add additional red pepper if more heat is preferred..
- Add sardines. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes..
- Salt & pepper to taste if necessary..
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or linguine. Enjoy!.