Spaetzle. A traditional German dumpling or noodle, spaetzle is boiled in water or broth then pan fried in butter and served as a side dish. This Homemade German Spaetzle recipe shows you how to make these delicious, German egg noodle dumplings. They are the perfect side dish to go with all your Bavarian favorites! 🎦 Spätzle.
Serve them as a side dish—tossed with a little melted butter like potatoes or rice. One of Germany's most popular and beloved foods, here is a fool-proof and authentic German Spaetzle recipe for making the BEST homemade. Spätzle (prounounced shpaetzli), also known as spätzli, nokedli or galuska depending on what part of Europe you're in is somewhere between a dumpling and a noodle made of flour and eggs. You can cook Spaetzle using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaetzle
- Prepare of Plain Flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Large Eggs.
- It’s of Milk.
It's super easy to make from scratch and downright delicious. Spaetzle is not hard to make, but it can be a bit time-consuming when done completely by hand. Veteran spaetzle makers use a special spaetzle press to form the. Spaetzle originated in Bavaria in the south of Germany.
Spaetzle step by step
- You can also use a mixer. The batter should neither be too thin nor too thick or it will be difficult to make the spaetzle with your spaetzle maker. Let the batter sit for 5-10 min – I do not have a Maker I use a Ricer..
- Put a colander into a bowl to drain the Spaetzle once cooked and bring a large pot of water over high heat to a boil, add about 1 Tbsp of salt to the water, and reduce temperature to a simmer.
- Press batter through a spaetzle maker, a large holed sieve or colander into the simmering water.
- Work in batches, after using about 1/3 of the batter stop adding new spaetzle and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until they float to the top. Stir occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the spaetzle to the colander so that excess water can drip of.
- Serve the spaetzle immediately or saute them in butter to crisp them up a little. If you don't serve or saute them right away, add 1 or 2 Tbsp of butter to the hot spaetzle to prevent them from sticking together.
- Optional – Tost in a little Pesto instead of butter – AMAZING :P.
This is up for debate if you ask any Swiss or. Granny's German Spaetzle is an authentic spaetzle recipe passed down in a German family for generations. Make it with or without a spaetzle maker. This recipe comes from my Granny. But homemade spaetzle, I hadn't even considered before.