Roasted Butternut Squash Pappardelle.
You can cook Roasted Butternut Squash Pappardelle using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Squash Pappardelle
- It’s 1 of butternut squash, peeled & cubed.
- You need 8 slice of bacon.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- You need 4 tbsp of balsalmic vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2/3 lb of pappardelle (or egg noodles, linguine, fetticcine, etc).
- It’s 1/4 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Roasted Butternut Squash Pappardelle step by step
- To roast the butternut squash, start by preheating the oven to 425°F. Mix together 2 tablespoons each of balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and olive oil. Toss with cubed butternut squash directly on a sheet pan. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until golden on the outside or tender..
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to package instructions. Before draining, save 1 cup pasta water..
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and chop and add the bacon. Cook until almost crisp then add onion. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes and then add 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add in pasta and toss with reserved pasta water. The starch from the pasta water will create a nice sauce. Add in pine nuts, roasted butternut squash, and parmesan. Cook until everything is warmed through..