Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche. Asparagus, Spring Onion, and Feta Quiche (Aunt Rose's Quiche). Brunch like a boss with Aunt Rose's spring asparagus quiche. Pro-Tip: Be patient before cutting into your quiche.
Pro-Tip: Be patient before cutting into your quiche. Even though the top may appear perfectly golden and crispy, the inside is still playing catching up. Brunch like a boss with Aunt Rose's spring asparagus quiche. You can cook Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, packed grated.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 100 gm of unsalted butter(cold),grated.
- You need 5 tbsp of buttermilk,cold.
- You need of Ingredients for the filling.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 of & 1/2 cup spring onion(bulbs).
- You need 11 bunch of (400-450 gm approximately) asparagus, cut into 1" pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt,divided.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper powder, divided.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of spring onion leaves, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of feta,crumbled.
- You need 8 of eggs.
Pro-Tip: Be patient before cutting into your quiche. Even though the top may appear perfectly. Quinoa pairs nicely with asparagus and feta cheese for this salad that is the perfect recipe for spring and summer! Stir asparagus, feta cheese, almonds, green onions, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest into quinoa.
Asparagus, spring onion and feta quiche instructions
- For the pastry: In a bowl add all the ingredients for pastry except butter and buttermilk. Mix well..
- Add the grated butter and using fingertips mix into the flour until a sand like consistency is reached..
- Add cold buttermilk gently bring it together slightly. Tip into a clean, lightly floured surface..
- Gently bring the dough together until it all comes together..
- Flatten the dough into a disc.Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 190 degree.
- Gently roll out the dough and place in a greased 10" pie/quiche pan.Use a fork to prick holes over the bottom of the pastry. Blind bake the pastry For 12 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack..
- Fill with the quiche filling.
- For the filling : In a skillet melt butter. Add garlic and spring onion bulbs. Saute on medium heat till onions soften and start changing colour…
- Add asparagus along with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper powder. Saute on low heat for 8- 10 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside..
- Place half the onion mixture in the pastry shell and spread evenly ;sprinkle half the crumbled feta on top. Spoon half the cream mixture over the feta. Repeat layer once more..
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 degree centigrade for 55 minutes to1 hour until set and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean..
- Remove to a cooling rack and let col for 20 – 30 minutes before serving..
- In a medium size mixing bowl add cream, spring onion leaves, parsley, nutmeg powder,1/2 tsp salt,1/2 tsp pepper powder and eggs. Whisk together using a balloon whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
All Reviews for Quinoa, Asparagus, and Feta Salad. ПарақшаларBusinessesБАҚ/Жаңалықтар компаниясыWell DoneБейнежазбаларAsparagus, Spring Onion and Feta Quiche. Spring vegetables shine in this easy, simple quiche. There's nothing more versatile than a quiche. Since spring veggies are abundant right now, we sauté up asparagus and spring onion with thick-cut crispy bacon chunks. This mixed with a creamy, custardy quiche base goes into a soon-to-be flaky.