Pickled Beets and Onions. Pickled beets with onions make a nice addition to summer cookouts. The sour flavor of the pickled beets can balance any fatty barbequed meat or a juicy burger. During the pickling process, the beets and red onions will release their colorful juices.
Place the eggs, sliced onions, and beets in a large jar. So, here's how to can pickled beets! The directions are complete with instructions in easy steps and completely illustrated. You can cook Pickled Beets and Onions using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pickled Beets and Onions
- You need 1 of large beet.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- It’s of Pickling brine————.
- It’s 2 leaf of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 15 ounce of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 3 ounces of water.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1-1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic.
Watch how to make quick-pickled onions in this short recipe video! Quick pickled onions are so easy to make. Pickled beets are one of the most requested preserves item at farmers' markets. Onions are optional in this recipe; you can omit them.
Pickled Beets and Onions step by step
- Heat the water and vinegar. Add 1/2 tablespoons salt and sugar..
- Peel the onion and beet.
- Slice the beet and onion. Add to jar with bay leaf, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and garlic. Pour the hot brine on top and fill to top..
- Add lid and let cool. Then refrigerate overnight and eat at your leisure..
- Hope you enjoy!.
Then, gently start to stir the onions and beets together. You'll probably need to increase the heat … I used a large slotted spoon to place the beets and onions into the jars. The funnel really comes in handy at this point. Wash beets and leave whole with root ends attached. Try this Pickled Beet and Onions recipe, or contribute your own.