Baked trout with lemon, herbs and almonds. Trout is a such a wonderful fish and has a fabulous flavour, combine with almonds and lemon – hey presto. My husband and I particularly enjoy trout for special occasions because there is something nice about each of us having a whole fish to ourselves. Meanwhile, rinse the lemons, cut off ends and cut the fruit into small pieces.
Prepare the baking tray: Lightly oil the rack Coat the salmon with the herbs: Pat the herbs on top of the salmon, forming a thick layer. Rainbow trout, flavored primarily with dill weed and lemon, is baked whole in the oven. Although a whole fish comes with the head and tail intact, your local fish market will scale and gut the fish for you, leaving a clean opening where you can add seasonings, fresh herbs, and slices of lemon. You can cook Baked trout with lemon, herbs and almonds using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked trout with lemon, herbs and almonds
- It’s 2 of trout.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of blanched almonds.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley.
- It’s of basil (handfull).
- You need 5 piece of thyme.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
Sprinkle with the almonds and a little grated lemon zest. Roast trout and new potatoes with herb butter. Broad bean pasta with smoked rainbow trout and dill. The cavity of the whole rainbow trout is stuffed with lemon, onion, garlic and fresh herbs.
Baked trout with lemon, herbs and almonds instructions
- Pre-heat an oven to 200C.
- Zest the lemon with a grater, slice the rest of the for later.
- Chop all the herbs and garlic finely, mix with the olive oil and the lemon zest.
- Place the fish in an oven proof baking dish and rub the herb mix all around the outside and use the remainder to stuff each fish together with half of the almonds.
- Arrange the lemon slices on top of the fish and scatter the remaining almonds.
- Place the baking dish in the middle of the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes..
As it roast, the fish is permeated all the way through with these Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Make diagonal slashes on both sides of the fish. Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet. This oven baked trout is incredible easy to make. The baked fish is tender, juicy, and flavorful thanks to lemon and herbs.