An Easy Feast! Salmon Tartar Sauce Pie.
You can have An Easy Feast! Salmon Tartar Sauce Pie using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of An Easy Feast! Salmon Tartar Sauce Pie
- It’s of sheets – 12 x 20 cm Frozen puff pastry.
- It’s of Fresh salmon (for sashimi).
- It’s of ☆ Minced boiled egg.
- You need of ☆ Minced onions.
- You need of ☆ Minced green bell pepper.
- It’s of ☆ Mayonnaise.
- You need of ☆ Grainy mustard.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Beaten egg for glaze.
An Easy Feast! Salmon Tartar Sauce Pie instructions
- Defrost the puff pastry at room temperature. Dust with flour and roll with a rolling pin. (The top sheet should be larger than the bottom) Fold the top sheet in half, then cut a ladder-like pattern into the folded side. Open again. Leave the 2 sheets in the fridge until ready to use..
- Cut the raw salmon into 1 cm slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper (More is better.) Make the tartar sauce by mixing the ☆ ingredients and season with small amount of salt and pepper..
- Put the tartar sauce in a puff pastry sheet and line with the salmon slices. Brush around the edges with milk (not listed) and cover with another sheet of puff pastry. Press around the edges with a folk to seal. Brush the top with beaten egg if necessary..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200-210°C for about 30 minutes or until the pastry puffs up and turns a nice golden brown..
- If you make this for guests, brush a beaten egg over the top before you bake. It turns out even better. This picture is without an egg glaze..
- This is the side of the pie when sliced..
- Note: Please adjust the baking time and temperature according to your oven. I bought a new oven and found out the oven temperature wasn't suitable. Now, I bake in 230°C for 10 minutes, then turn down to 170°C for 20 minutes..