German cheese "Spätzle". German Cheese Spaetzle (or Spätzle) are tiny German dumplings, kind of like noodles and probably the German relative of the American Macaroni and Cheese. Cheese Spätzle ~ Käsespätzle ~ is a traditional German way of serving this favorite German noodle. Covered with caramelized onions this makes a wonderful meal, all by itself or served as a side that fits.
This traditional German cheese casserole comfort food (käsespätzle) recipe uses Make the Spaetzle. Here is a step-by-step guide to making spätzle with a spätlebrett. Sauerkraut Cheese Spätzle – this recipe is incredible by itself, especially after melting mozzarella cheese over the spaetzle. You can have German cheese "Spätzle" using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German cheese "Spätzle"
- You need of Spätzle.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of ground nutmeg.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare of cheese "Spätzle".
- It’s of butter.
- You need of onion, chopped.
- You need of bacon (it depends on how much you like).
- You need of cheese, grated.
- It’s of sour cream.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare of cheese, grated.
A sort of Germanized version of 'Mac & Cheese', only better! My Cheese Spaetzle Recipe – German Cheese Noodles. Spätzle from the day before, homemade Spätzle or Spätzle ready bought. Cheese – Ideal is a strong mountain cheese or/and a.
German cheese "Spätzle" step by step
- In a large bowl mix together flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper..
- In a separated bowl beat the eggs and stir in milk. Mix well..
- Now mix the dry and the wet ingredients together..
- Bring water to boil in a big pot..
- Now take a teaspoon with your mixture and let it drop into the boiling water. The gravity may help you but if it's still to challenging add more milk to the mixture..
- Let all your batter drop into the hot water and fish the ready "Spätzle" with a spoon when they're swimming to the top..
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C..
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped onion..
- Cook them for a while and add bacon and "Spätzle"..
- Cook until golden brown and add 50 grams grated cheese..
- Season with salt and pepper..
- Add sour cream and let a little bit evaporate..
- Now take everything from the oven and put in a casserole dish. Sprinkle as much grated cheese as you like on top and bake for 10 minutes..
Cheese spätzle with pumpkin in the collection of dishes of German cuisine. Description of the recipe with step by step cooking instructions. Cheese Spaetzle are Spätzle noodles prepared with caramelized onions, covered with cheese and served in a pan. Käsespätzle is the German word which just means cheese spaetzle. Käse Spätzle Mit Sauerkraut. is dedicated to raising awareness and appreciation of German and Central European cuisine.