Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is a dessert pie with a spiced, pumpkin-based custard filling. The pumpkin is a symbol of harvest time, and pumpkin pie is generally eaten during the fall and early winter. This pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the holidays!
When making a pumpkin pie from scratch, you have a choice. You can either use pumpkin purée from a can, or make your own pumpkin purée by cooking a sugar. These easy pumpkin pie recipes are perfect for Thanksgiving. You can cook Pumpkin pie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin pie
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of pumpkin puree.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 of pie crust.(posting graham crackers and crust recipe this Sat.).
You'll find pies with classic ingredients and fun additions like chocolate, pecans and more. Pumpkin Pie from the Wikibooks cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. Pumpkin pie is a traditional American holiday dessert. It consists of a pumpkin-based custard baked in a single pie shell.
Pumpkin pie instructions
- Pre heat oven to 450°F.
- Place the pumpkin puree in to a mixing bowl along with the milk and put it on the first setting the eggs in to.
- Add the ground cinnamon and nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the sugar in to the mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs together and slowly pour it into mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth. Then add the vanilla..
- Once every is mixed pour into the pie crust..
- Place the pie crust into the oven.
- Lower the heat to 350 and let it cook for 30-45 minutes.
- The pie is done when you stab a knife in to it and it comes out clean..
This pie is traditionally served with whipped cream. Pumpkin pie is THE quintessential Thanksgiving dessert, am I right? It's rare to find a house that doesn't serve at least one, if for no other reason than "it's Thanksgiving, you have to have pumpkin. "Pie pumpkins" are smaller, sweeter, less grainy textured pumpkins than the usual jack-o-lantern types. Grocery stores usually carry them in late September through December in the U. This easy pumpkin pie contains NO sweetened condensed milk and is the only pumpkin pie recipe you'll ever need!