Fish Fingers and Tartar Sauce.
You can have Fish Fingers and Tartar Sauce using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Fingers and Tartar Sauce
- Prepare of fish fillet.
- It’s of bread crumbs.
- You need of lemon.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of White pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic powder (optional).
- Prepare of Paprika and cayanne (both optional).
- It’s of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of eggs (one boiled & one fresh).
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of Fresh parsley / coriander.
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of Enough cooking oil to deep fry.
Fish Fingers and Tartar Sauce instructions
- Cut up the fish into fingers. 1/2 inch strips.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon. Add 1/2 tsp of each spice and 1 tsp of salt to the lemon juice and.
- Use to marinate. Set the marinated fish aside. The longer it marinates, the better..
- Grate the boiled egg and the onion (if it's a red onion dip it in boiled water for 3-5 mins to remove the bite) and add both to the mayonnaise. Add 1/2 tsp of white pepper and salt. Cut up the coriander / parsley finely and add to the e mixture. Voila! The tartar sauce is done..
- Beat the fresh egg and add the milk. Dip each fish finger individually into the mixture then into the bread crumbs and lay on a plate..
- When all the fingers are coated, dip into hot cooking oil in batches.
- Serve hot with tartar sauce and lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy!.