Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie.
You can have Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Almonds.
- It’s 4 oz of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 cup of Chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 3/4 of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
Chocolate Chip & Almond XL Cookie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 inch springform pan and line the base with parchment paper..
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until the papery skins look cracked..
- Allow to cool just slightly and then gather the still warm nuts in a kitchen towel. Rub the nuts in the towel in a circular motion on a countertop to remove the bitter, papery skins. There may be some nuts that you need to pick out and rub individually and keep in mind, for this recipe, a bit of the skin left is fine. Once the skins have been (mostly) removed transfer the nuts to a cutting board and coarsely chop and then set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside..
- Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on high speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the beater and bowl with a rubber spatula and add the egg. Beat until the egg is well incorporated and then add the teaspoon of vanilla. Combine well..
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined and a few dry streaks of flour remain. Remove from the mix and using a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips and almonds..
- Transfer the batter into the prepared springform pan and using an offset spatula smooth the batter into an even layer..
- Bake until slightly golden 25 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean when placed in the centre of the batter. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack..
- To un-mold, run a knife around the edge of the pan and release the springform ring. Invert the pastry onto a large plate or platter and remove the bottom of the pan and the parchment paper. Invert again onto a cutting board to cut into slices..
- Top with strawberries and sprinkles if desired!.