Sourdough Onion rye bread. Add the white flour gradually, until it is too stiff to mix by hand. Turn onto a floured surface and knead in enough remaining flour until dough is satiny. Making a real sourdough bread is a whole new adventure for many cooks.
Ok, I'm officially a lurker these days, reading and soaking in others' bread adventures but mostly too busy to contribute or respond. But here I grant myself an exception because I've come across a sandwich bread which is worth sharing IMHO. Onion-Apple Rye Sourdough Bread. by: Poinsettia. You can have Sourdough Onion rye bread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Onion rye bread
- Prepare 3 cups of dark rye flour.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 4 cups of white flour.
- It’s 1 of medium Onion diced.
- You need 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- You need 4 Tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 Tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 Tsp of caraway seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dry yeast.
This bred is a fall variation of a rye sourdough bread. I rarely see rye sourdough breads in the DC area, and started to bake my own, based on a "recipe" that I learned in the Bavarian Alps. This was my first sourdough rye bread so it was a real treat. It's marvelous toasted & buttered & topped w/ swiss cheese!
Sourdough Onion rye bread step by step
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a large bowl..
- Stir in all dry ingredients except dry yeast..
- Knead the dough until smooth for about 10 minutes..
- Allow the dough to rest and ferment to develop flavor for about 4~8 hours depending on your schedule..
- Mix in 1 teaspoon of yeast and allow the dough to rest for about 2~3 hour until double in side..
- Score the bread and bake for 50 minutes in a water bathed oven at 400F..
Onion Sourdough Rye recipe: Try this Onion Sourdough Rye recipe, or contribute your own. The day before you wish to make this bread, place the onions in a small bowl with the starter. Easy sourdough rye made in a bread machine. While this bread machine bread isn't "authentic" sourdough, it makes a wonderfully textured, high-rising, great-tasting loaf, thanks to King Arthur Whole-Grain Bread Improver. Can anyone tell me how to get a really good onion bread?