Mike's French Onion & Mushroom Soup. Use more onions and less stock, probably. New videos every Tuesday! (And sometimes Friday!) Help support us on Patreon. the most AMAZING French Onion Soup is easier than you think to make at home so you can cuddle up with a big bowl of hot, herby beef broth loaded with deeply flavorful caramelized onions and ooey. French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking.
There weren't many varieties of dips around at the time, so it is no wonder that it was, and still is, so popular. Classic French Onion Soup with options for a cheesy and parve version, so you can prepare the recipe to your palete. See More Beef up your soup repertoire. You can have Mike's French Onion & Mushroom Soup using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's French Onion & Mushroom Soup
- It’s of ● For The Vegetables [all rough chopped].
- You need 1 (24 oz) of Box Premium Baby Bellas [stems removed].
- Prepare 1 of EX LG Vidalia Onion [you'll need its sweetness].
- It’s 1/2 of LG Red Onion.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Green Onions.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves [optional].
- It’s 3 of Whole Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare of ● For The Broth [pre-mix before adding to veggies].
- You need 2 (32 oz) of Boxes Swansons Broth.
- Prepare 2 (1 oz) of Packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Powdered Au Jus Mix [optional].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Crushed Bay Leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- It’s of ● For The Options [as needed].
- You need Slices of Gruyère [or swiss] Cheese.
- It’s of Fresh Seasoned Crustiinis.
- Prepare of Fresh French Bread.
French Onion Soup – So Good it Will Make a Mime Chatty. French onion soup has to be one of the easiest soup recipes ever. Homemade French Onion Dip is simple to make and tastes absolutely incredible. Even the most expensive store bought dip will never compare to this recipe!
Mike's French Onion & Mushroom Soup step by step
- Rough chop all vegetables..
- Heat 2 cups broth and add all seasonings. Including butter. Whisk well..
- Add everything together and simmer for 30+ minutes covered on medium. Stir occasionally..
- Crustiinis and Gruyère Cheese pictured..
- Fresh crispy French bread pictured..
- Serve hot with melted Gruyère Cheese, [or swiss] crustiinis and fresh French bread. Enjoy and feel better!.
Slow Cooker French Onion Soup has a rich beefy broth loaded with caramelized onions and herbs. Cooking the onions for a very long time over low heat mellows their flavor and makes a truly French Onion Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Making truly authentic French Onion Soup is easier than you think! This wonderful, simple and flavorful soup is the perfect warm dish for winter! Savory broth, sweet onion, and gooey cheese make this Healthy French Onion Soup a meal that never fails to please.