Chocolate Chip Almond Granola Bars. I basically survived on granola bars in high school. Pre-packaged, too sweet, milk chocolate granola bars at lunch and before volleyball practice. Chocolate chip granola bars are a staple in my pantry, but between my husband, my kids, and my kids' If you don't like chocolate chips, you can use raisins or cranberries.
Soft and chewy granola bar lovers, your search has ended for a homemade take on the store-bought snack. This quick and easy granola bar recipe yields more than a dozen bars jam-packed with toasted oats and almonds, studded with mini chocolate chips and loaded with flaxseed meal (hello. Nutella Granola Bars: Replace the oil with my Healthy Nutella, and add mini chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts if desired. You can cook Chocolate Chip Almond Granola Bars using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Almond Granola Bars
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter (melted).
- It’s 1/3 cup of honey.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of mini milk chocolate chips.
- You need 1/3 cup of sliced almonds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ap flour.
These homemade Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are a delicious lunchbox or afternoon treat, and are a cinch to make. They're better than store-bought granola bars! Raise your hand if you ate granola bars as a kid. I probably ate hundreds of them in my grade school years.
Chocolate Chip Almond Granola Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 325..
- Combine butter and honey..
- Stir remaining ingredients in to the butter mixture until well combined..
- Pour in to a greased 8" pan and press firmly in to pan..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
- Remove from oven and press firmly in to pan again (this helps the bars not crumble when removing from pan)..
- Cool for 10 minutes. Cut in to 8 bars and let cool completely in pan..
- Remove bars carefully with a spatula. Store in a airtight container in the refrigerator (to keep them fresh and to help keep firm)..
You know, the ones that were. Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are so easy to make, you'll wonder why you ever bought them in stores. Do you know off hand how much money you spend on granola and/or nutritional bars for your kids? Take a minute and add it up; I would bet it's more than you think. Home » Cereals and Granola » Almond Cranberry Chocolate Granola Bars.