Maque Choux, Tomatoes and Corn.
You can create Maque Choux, Tomatoes and Corn by using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is what you need to do to create it:
Ingredients of Maque Choux, Tomatoes and Corn
- You need 2 (16 ounces) of cans of corn.
- It’s 1 cup of sliced celery.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of large vine ripened tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of bacon drippings.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 pint of water.
- It’s 1 of medium green bell pepper.
Maque Choux, Tomatoes and Corn instructions
- Drain the juices of the corn. Boil the water in a small pot, and put the tomatoes into the water for 15 seconds remove and peel and dice the tomatoes..
- Wash and slice the celery. Dice the onion. Chop the bell pepper..
- Heat the drippings and butter. Add all the ingredients except the tomatoes, to the pan..
- When the corn mixture has sautéed for 15-20 minutes add the tomatoes..
- Sauté 7-8 minutes cover and take off the heat..
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.