Moist Chocolate Cupcake Topped with Brazo de Mercedes.
You can have Moist Chocolate Cupcake Topped with Brazo de Mercedes using 13 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moist Chocolate Cupcake Topped with Brazo de Mercedes
- You need of For the cupcake, I just used a box of cake mix.
- Prepare of For the brazo de mercedes:.
- It’s of Meringue:.
- Prepare of egg whites.
- You need of cream of tartar.
- You need of white sugar.
- You need of vanila extract.
- It’s of Custard:.
- You need of egg yolks.
- You need of condensed milk (300mL).
- Prepare of water.
- You need of cornstarch.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
Moist Chocolate Cupcake Topped with Brazo de Mercedes instructions
- Preheat the oven at 180C..
- First, we will do the brazo de mercedes. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks..
- Using an electric mixer, beat tge egg whites at low to high speed. When the whites starts to form bubbles, add the cream of tartar..
- Mix it until it is doubled. Then gradually add the white sugar. Make sure that the sugar is dissolved and properly incorporated with the egg whites to prevent weeping..
- Mix it untill stiff and its consistency is good for pipping..
- Now, we move to the cupcake batter. Just follow the instruction from the cake box..
- Put 3oz cupcake liners on your cupcake pans. And get your small icecream scooper..
- Put one scoop each on the liners. Then put them in the oven for about 8-10mins..
- Get the cupcakes out from the oven, then start pipping the meringue on top. Make sure there's a hole in the middle because that's where the custard will be..
- After pipping the meringue on the top of the cupcake, put it inside the oven for about 10-15mins. It depends on how brown you want your meringue is..
- While the cupcakws are still in the oven. You can do the custard..
- First, pour the condensed milk on a pan..
- Then, fill the can of condensed milk with water..
- Add the cornstarch into the water then stir..
- Then, add the water and cornstarch mixture to the condensed milk..
- Mix it until well incorporated..
- Put it on the stove, and mix until it forms little bubbles..
- Gradually add the slightly beaten egg yolks. Don't pour ut all at once. Pour just about half then mix. And then pour the remaining half then mix it again..
- Mix it until it is thick or its consistency is good for pipping..
- Set aside the custard to cool..
- When the cupcakes are done and the custard are cooled, you can now pipe the custard on the hole in the middle of the meringue..
- Last but not the least, put some confectioner's sugar on top of the cupcake..