Roast Eggplant & Squash Fusilli.
You can have Roast Eggplant & Squash Fusilli using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roast Eggplant & Squash Fusilli
- Prepare of eggplant.
- It’s of summer squash, medium size (get crazy).
- Prepare of box brown rice fusilli pasta.
- It’s of garlic.
- Prepare of small white onion.
- It’s of jar portabella mushroom pasta sauce.
- You need of basil.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- You need of lemon pepper.
- Prepare of himalayan pink salt.
- It’s of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of water.
Roast Eggplant & Squash Fusilli instructions
- Put your pasta sauce in a medium saucepan, on low heat. This is to slow cook the sauce while we prepare the squash/eggplant..
- Preheat oven to 420°F..
- Chop eggplant and medium sized summer squash, combine in bowl. Add olive oil and spices..
- Chop onions, mince garlic, combine with above mixture..
- Add mixture to cooking pan with 1/4 cup water. Cook and cover for 5 minutes on medium to low heat, then cook for 10 additional minutes stirring occasionally. You want to get your eggplant and squash a little tender and cook in the garlic..
- This is a good time to start boiling a pot of water for your pasta. Add a pinch of salt for taste and to expedite boiling (yay science!).
- Transfer squash/eggplant mixture to a baking sheet. Spread evenly and place in now preheated oven..
- Let this bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until squash and eggplant are tender and a little crispy around the edges. Stir if you notice anything sticking..
- In the mean time, follow package directions to cook your pasta. Strain and transfer to bowl, and add a light coating of olive oil to cooked pasta..
- Transfer roasted squash/eggplant to a new dish as well, as it should be cooked by now..
- By now, your pasta sauce should have been simmering for almost 30 to 40 minutes. Yum. Remove from heat and prepare your selections. I cooked up some red potato's in the mean time which were initially made as a side dish but became a delicious addition to this hearty Autumn recipe..
- To serve, scoop pasta on to your plate first, top with squash and eggplant roast..
- Top with portabella pasta sauce and freshly grated gouda cheese. Enjoy..