Bacon, Goat Cheese, & Caramelized Red Onion Frittata. The soft, melty goat cheese instead the warm, plumped up date (how much do you like it when I say plumped up date? mixed feelings here) wrapped in the little bite-sized pieces of bacon was the. These goat cheese pops are like your own personal cheese ball. Each bite is the perfect balance of soft cheese, crumbled bacon, and crushed nuts.
A great alternative to your average omelette. A breakfast dish that's simple to make and perfect for kicking. Stuff each fig with the goat cheese mixture then wrap with pre-sliced bacon and secure with a toothpick in them. You can have Bacon, Goat Cheese, & Caramelized Red Onion Frittata using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon, Goat Cheese, & Caramelized Red Onion Frittata
- You need 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion; small dice.
- It’s 4 slices of bacon.
- You need 2 oz of honey goat cheese.
- It’s 1/4 C of milk.
- It’s 1 pinch of crushed pepper flakes.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic; creamed.
The goat cheese does exactly the same with its signature creamy tanginess. I'd been hesitant about putting goat cheese in guac. We rolled basil-infused cream cheese and goat cheese balls in a crispy bacon and pecan mixture to create our easy and delicious appetizer pops. Salty bacon, rich goat cheese, savory-sweet jelly, and roasted jalapeño–it takes teamwork to make the dream work.
Bacon, Goat Cheese, & Caramelized Red Onion Frittata step by step
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Lay bacon on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Pat bacon dry between paper towels. Cut into a small dice and set aside..
- Transfer bacon fat to a medium sized, oven-safe saute pan..
- Heat bacon fat. Add onion with a tiny pinch of salt. Saute on high for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until onions are caramelized, about 10 minutes. Add garlic during last minute of cooking..
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper..
- Turn heat to medium. Add eggs. Stir quickly, then stop stirring..
- Sprinkle bacon and goat cheese atop..
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes or until eggs set..
- Variations; Roasted bell peppers, jalapeños, scallions, chives, cayenne, yellow onion, shallots, arugula, asparagus, avocado, poblano, ancho chile, basil, capers, butter, heavy cream, sour cream, cumin, chervil, dill, eggplant, fennel, kale, leeks, marjoram, mushrooms, oregano, parsley, zucchini, sofrito, paprika, potatoes, savory, spinach, sweet potatoes, tarragon, thyme, tomatoes, watercress, asiago, cheddar, cream cheese, feta, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, havarti, monterey jack, havarti,.
- Cont'd: Roquefort, mozzarella, manchego, ricotta.
If you already have the grill going, these dreamy little bites are equally easy to cook. Sweet and savory bacon wrapped dark chocolate goat cheese stuffed dates make a fun, delicious appetizer to serve a crowd. These little bites have hints of dark chocolate, creamy goat cheese. Italian goat cheese and bacon Fried goat cheese in bacon. Closeup view on goat cheese in olive oil with sliced bacon and other kinds of meat Red onions stuffed with goat cheese.