Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan. Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta. This pasta is a delicious combination of butternut squash, kale, creamy ricotta, and a pop of sage. The edamame and mung bean fettuccini is the perfect canvas for the As squash continues to cook, prepare creamy ricotta sage sauce.
Top with fried sage for a healthy, comforting main dish. Serve with salad or roasted vegetables to further Serve the pasta in individual bowls topped with fried sage, more black pepper and shaved Parmesan/Pecorino I dislike butternut squash otherwise. In a large bowl, combine butternut squash, onion, garlic, sage, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts. You can cook Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan
- It’s of water, divided.
- Prepare of small butternut squash, peeled and diced.
- It’s of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare of Kosher salt to taste.
- You need of Black pepper to taste.
- You need of fusilli pasta.
- It’s of kale, washed and roughly chopped.
- It’s of pasta water.
- You need of whole-milk ricotta cheese.
- You need of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of sage leaves, roughly chopped.
- It’s of Parmesan, shaved.
Sprinkle well with salt and pepper. Moisten the edges of the dough with beaten egg. Butternut squash, browned butter, and sage flavor this simple pasta dish and make it somewhat special. This is a delicious way to enjoy butternut squash Follow the instructions, but cook the pasta just less than al dente.
Butternut Squash and Kale Fusilli Pasta with Ricotta and topped with Fried Sage and Parmesan step by step
- In a medium-large saucepot over medium-high heat, add 4 cups of water. While waiting for water to boil, place a large sauté pan over high heat and add squash, 2 cups water and half of the olive oil. Cook the squash for 10-12 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper, remove the squash from the pan and reserve..
- When the water comes to boil, add pasta while stirring, and cook over high heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. About 30 seconds before the pasta is cooked through, add the kale to the pot, and submerge the greens in the water to wilt. Before draining, remove 2 tablespoons of pasta cooking water and reserve. Drain the pasta and kale in a colander and reserve..
- In a large kitchen mixing bowl, add ricotta, crushed red pepper flakes, reserved pasta water and butter. Stir to combine and reserve..
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add remaining olive oil, then add sage. Cook for 1-2 minutes, remove from pan with a slotted kitchen spoon, and season with a pinch of salt. Over medium heat in the same pan, combine the pasta, kale and squash and incorporate while stirring. Cook just long enough to warm. Remove from heat and add mixture to the mixing bowl of cheese. Stir to combine all ingredients..
- Divide the pasta between two plates, then top with fried sage and Parmesan. Enjoy!.
After you toss the mixture together, put it all into a baking dish, top with your. First, lop off the top of the squash… One Pot, Pastas, Butternut Squash, Kale, Pasta, Dinner, Easy, Main Course, Fall, Vegetarian. Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste. In a food processor, pulse together kale, nuts, garlic, salt and lemon zest until mixture is smooth and salt has dissolved. Add cheese, lemon juice and salt to taste.