Cactus macarons. I am willing to bet that someone in the desert woke up one day and decided that he or she was going to create a cactus macaron. The cactus is a symbol of protection in the desert. Unfortunately, I recently had an encounter with a cactus So, I've moved on from cactus photo shoots and upgraded to cactus-inspired macarons.
Now Cactus Macarons for Christmas trees, that's something you don't see everyday. So much so that I couldn't even find a template online to make the macaron shape. Which means I had to create my own. You can have Cactus macarons using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cactus macarons
- Prepare of almond powder.
- It’s of icing sugar.
- You need of egg white.
- It’s of caster sugar.
- It’s of cream of tartar.
- It’s of green tea powder.
- You need of green food coloring.
- You need of For the pot.
- You need of crushed butter cookie.
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of crushed Oreo cookie (soil).
It feels like it's been so long since I've done one of these! We've been working like crazy on our apartment (mainly the kitchen). Ayako Kurokawa is a pastry chef Related Neatorama Posts. This Giant Macaron Is a Sumo Wrestling Prize.
Cactus macarons step by step
- Make meringue by beating egg white and cream of tartar, add caster sugar in small portion until stiff peak has formed.
- Sieve almond powder and icing sugar then add into the meringue.
- Add green tea powder, green food coloring.
- Fold the dry ingredient into the meringue slowly until observe lava-like paste.
- Pipe the mixture into cactus shaped on parchment paper. Let it dry for at least 30 min or until skin has formed.
- Bake at 140C for 15 minute.
- For the pot base, mix crushed cookie with butter. Put in the mold and bake at 150C for 10 min.
- Add crushed Oreo cookie into butter cookie pot. Then decorate with cactus macaron.
New York City pastry sculptor Ayako Kurokawa created a wonderful Cactus Macaron. Even though macarons regularly come in a beautiful array of different colors, this macaron recipe Made by the blog Sugar and Cloth, the DIY Potted Cactus Macarons are a fun baking project and. Jump to navigation Jump to search. For the French egg white cookie sandwich, see macaron. The Best Macaron Recipe, Macaron Art & More.